(If this resonates with you, feel free to download a free pdf of this small poster to print out. Print it on regular 8.5"x11" letter size paper).
The Art of Art:
- Art is for everybody. We are each creative in some way. If you haven’t found your way yet, enjoy exploring.
- Be yourself! Let your own unique voice and style unfold.
- Art is about life. Use your emotions, experiences, observations and ideas
- Don’t focus on results. Enjoy the process of making art. Like love: if there's no joy, why bother?
- Don’t be judgey. Find and appreciate the beauty in every work of art.
- Perfectionism will immobilize you. A curious and playful attitude will free you.
- Art has no rules. No right or wrong. There are no mistakes. Welcome chance.
- Don’t worry about pleasing others. No one gets to tell us what to create or what to love.
- Let go of full control. Materials have their own mind. Dance with them.
- Quantity becomes quality. Practice leads to proficiency, evolution and innovation.
- You can do it. Only through work will anything be accomplished.
- Art is powerful. Use it wisely.